Get the Thunderstore App
Easily install and manage your mods with the Thunderstore App!
This mod requires the following mods to function
Mumble Link in GTFO
Spoiler Alert: It's hella scuffed.
⚠️ There is no Linux or MacOS support at this time! ⚠️
Might require some tinkering if you have extra mods. This process will become a LOT smoother once I release the mod on Thunderstore. For now, you can download a release here.
- Install r2modmanplus. It also works with Thunderstore Mod Manager, but I find r2modmanplus to be better since it doesn't rely on Overwolf. You can download it here: https://github.com/ebkr/r2modmanPlus/releases
- Select GTFO as your Game and Create a Profile.
- Click Online, then click on the search bar and type in
PositionalAudio. Should be by
Download with Dependencies.
- You should now see "PositionalAudio" by Traveller on the list. :)
Settings, then scroll down to
Change GTFO Directory. Find your
GTFO.exeand open it in the window.
Start moddedat the top left.
⚠️ Depending on the speed of your computer, the first launch could take a while. Just let it run as BepInEx needs to run first time setup. You can even watch it progress in the console window.
Mumble Client Setup
This guide assumes you already have a server, if you don't, you can look below for that guide.
- Install Mumble Client You can get the latest here: https://www.mumble.info/downloads/
- Once installed, open Mumble. Go through all the audio setup, or skip if you're good at this.
- Click "Configure", then "Settings".
- Click "Audio Output" tab, then make sure "Positional Audio" is Enabled and Headphones is checked. For GTFO I recommend the settings below.
- Go to the Plugins tab on the left. Make sure "Link to Game and Transmit Position" is enabled. (At the top)
- Scroll down on the list and make sure every box next to "Link" is checked. (Enable, PA, & KeyEvents)
- Click "OK" to Save and Close the window.
- Connect to a Server.
When you're connected to a Server and are CURRENTLY IN a GTFO level, it should say "GTFO Linked" in Mumble Chat. It has yet to work when in the elevator sequence, only when you're able to move around will it start to function. Sorry abt that.
Everyone needs to have done these steps, including the mod install in order for this to work. Anyone who hasn't will just be full, normal audio. (Like talking on Discord.)
- Minimum Distance: 4.0m
- Maximum Distance: 60.0m
- Minimum Volume: 0%
- Bloom: 30%
If someone's mic is bad or farther away (irl), you can right click on their name in Mumble and click "Local Volume Adjustment" to change their Gain specifically.
If you want to change the distance you can hear people, change "Maximum Distance". I recommend leaving the others alone.
Mumble Server Setup
For Standard Users
i.e. 99% of people
You have four options:
- Check this guide to host your own Mumble Server. https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Murmurguide
- Find a free-to-use server on the Internet Browser in Mumble Client.
- Buy your own Mumble Server from a Hosting Company.
- Join my GTFO-Mumble Server for this project. <3
This part has been moved to the GitHub page for clarity sake. You can view that here
- No Known Issues! :)
- Initial release on Thunderstore.
- Added support for drop-in Multiplayer.
- Added config options for future features.
- Fixed polling rate bug in last release.
- Game no longer crashes upon leaving an expedition.
- Link no longer drops upon entering sand dimension.
- Initial release on GitHub.